Client: German Mobile Operator Challenge: Compensation policy is often a neglected area; considered part of daily business or regarded as a necessary evil. Compensation is rarely a process that is
Der Anspruch der Kunden beim Automobilkauf wächst kontinuierlich; individuelle Beratung beginnt nicht erst beim Händler vor Ort, sondern bereits online. Für die Hersteller und Händler bedeutet das einen Paradigmenwechsel: Weg von reiner Produktpräsentation, hin zu einer bedürfnisorientierten Online-Beratung!
Nachdem wir im September 2015 in unserer Studie „Online Leadmanagement im Automobilhandel 2015“ die Automobil Hersteller- und Händlerseite beleuchtet haben, beleuchten wir in der zweiten Studie aus unserer Automotive Reihe die Kundenbedürfnisse im Online Lead Prozess genauer. Mit „Generation Digital – Was der digitale Automobilkunde heute von Herstellern und Händler verlangt“ untersuchen wir insbesondere folgende Fragestellungen:
- Was sind die entscheidenden Faktoren für Kunden bei Online Anfragen und bei Probefahrten im Allgemeinen?
- Welche Kontaktkanäle bevorzugen sie und welche Art von Endgeräten verwenden sie dafür?
- Auf welche Parameter müssen Händler und Hersteller besonders achten?
Unser Fazit: Es konnten vier Kundengruppen identifiziert werden die unterschiedliche Ansprüche und Erwartungen an Probefahrten haben. Die Herausforderungen für die Hersteller und Händler bestehen darin, auf diese Gruppen bereits online bedürfnisorientiert einzugehen. Wie das funktionieren kann, lesen Sie in unserer Studie.
Hier kann die Studie heruntergeladen werden.
German mobile network operator
The sale of new products and increased flexibility in the companys orientation required a suitable commission system.
- How can new commission models be presented without IT?
- How can the quality of payments be improved?
- How can a flexible position with regard to new sales strategies be achieved?
- Presentation of all commission models
- Monitoring and reporting concept
- Quality control measures
- Simplified configuration of the new software
Launch of the incentive management system
The company requests a strategic realignment and operationalization of sales. This is to be achieved on the basis of geocoded survey methods while usage of the marketing and sales budget is to be optimized systematically.
- How could different sales organisations be used in the best possible way in different regions?
- How could existing sales potentials be exploited in the best possible way?
- How could marketing investments be used in the best possible way?
- Definition of a performance scoring.
- Definition of new sales structures.
- Development of an investment calculator for marketing investments.
- New regional sales structure in various layers.
- Integration of a sales performance cockpit.
Value-based partner management
German mobile network operator
The existing incentive model is not sufficiently ambitious to support the corporate objectives in an adequate way.
- How can we develop a more attractive incentive model in consideration of all levels?
- How can the topic Multichannel be considered in the model?
- How would the incentive system become more attractive for top sellers?
- Development of an incentive and payment model taking into account the challenges of a multichannel concept.
- Integration of sales functions that had not been considered before
- Implementation of the new incentive model
Increase in sales figures
German Online Service Provider
Thanks to the connectivity of smart home entertainment devices any content can be consumed comfortably in the the living room. To maintain a leading position in the fast growing video on demand market aggressive sales targets shall be achieved with the help of an Interim Head of Sales.
- Which are the levers to achieve quick wins in regards to customer, turn over and EBITDA targets? How can they be influenced?
- How do processes need to be structured to ensure high efficiency in times of high campaign frequency?
- Identification, prioritisation and implementation of various short term on- and offline measurements to gain and retain customers
- Lead a team of Online Sales and Key Account Managers
- Achievement of nearly all KPI targets
- New process to implement sales & marketing campaigns in place
German cable provider
The marketing function within a company is constantly under the pressure of demonstrating the contribution marketing makes with regard to the companys success. In the face of reduced budgets for marketing and sales, the issue of campaign management and the contribution of communication measures to corporate success is becoming paramount.
- How can marketing create sustainable values for a company?
- How sensible is orientation on monetary figures?
- Are there any success patterns for campaigns?
- What is a successful campaign anyway?
- Which process steps are to be observed?
- What are the specific strengths and weaknesses of individual measures?
- Optimization of the overall campaign processes of classic measures
- Introduction of a new target group segmentation for direct marketing measures aimed at the acquisition of new customers
- Interim management of the Performance Marketing department
- Increase of brand awareness by 8%
Increase of response rate by 0.5%
German telecommunications and internet provider
The client operates four entertainment online shops that are to generate cross-platform recommendations in order to draw the attention of potential customers to the platforms and to present the overall portfolio.
Personalized product recommendations in online shops are popular with internet clients as a guide to orientation. In addition, companies such as, for example, Amazon have benefited from an increase in turnover of 15 % since the launch of the recommendation logic.
- Which providers and systems are available on the market?
- How reliable is the generation of product recommendations?
- Which increases in turnover could be achieved?
- Current state analysis / analysis of chances/risks of a new recommendation system
- Requirement analysis / compilation of specifications
- Preparation and execution of provider selection
- Increase of the click rate for recommended products by 50 % within the first 6 months following the launch of the recommendation system.
- Improved orientation during product selection thanks to personalized recommendations
Sale of niche products (long tail sector)
German media enterprise, pay TV provider
By now, a majority of companies estimates that the topic of social media is a sector worth developing in the top management sector. The company wishes to assess the importance of maximum reach social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube by means of its own site and establish this if required.
- What would be a suitable social media strategy within the company?
- What could be the objectives?
- Where would social media be anchored inside the organisation?
- Which channels, which activities match the corporate strategy?
- In which way does the customer service touchpoint have to be integrated?
- How could continuous and reliable monitoring be set up?
- What budget and resources would have to be made available?
- How could social media be anchored as an integral part of the company in the medium term?
- What would be the benefits of social media, which KPI could be measured in a reliable way?
- Definition of the social media marketing strategy including various programs for using different social media technologies and thus improving the companys visibility and awareness level
- Project management for developing, implementing and controlling the corporate social media strategy
- Development of a continuous monitoring process taking account of the competitive environment and a sustainable reporting system
- Ensuring that the defined KPI for social media activities are met as well as ensuring internal knowledge transfer in all relevant departments
- Anchoring the social media strategy on all management levels as well as within the corporate culture
Social media roadmap 2011 including contents, campaigns, offers
German mobile network operator
In the light of the saturation of the mobile voice market, the topic of mobile internet is of major importance. Private customers, too, increasingly enjoy new possibilities of surfing on the go. Furthermore, competitors have already gained advantages and are successful in the new market. To account for this new development at short notice, a marketing strategy for mobile laptop surfing is to be developed.
- When is the mass market going to adopt the topic of mobile data?
- How could communication and pricing be adjusted in order to close the gap to the market leader?
- What is the target group?
- How could the surf stick be positioned?
- What could be a simple, comprehensive pricing that addresses different segments?
- What possibilities exist for above-average growth?
- Realization of qualitative and quantitative market research as well as deduction of possible measures
- Drawing up the pricing portfolio
- Development of a communication concept (positioning, USP definition, etc.)
- Development of offer concepts for disruptive growth
- Launch support prepaid surf stick
- Tenfold increase in laptop flat rate sales with a term of 24 months
Successful launch of prepaid surf dongles